I am all for making my life simpler and if I can kill two birds with one stone then I will.
So, this weekend I wanted to make a dessert for after Sunday dinner and I also wanted to enter the Betta Living cupcake competition.
Now I wasn’t sure that cupcakes worked as a post Sunday dinner dessert but I thought that cheesecake would. We are trying to get back onto the healthy eating after our holiday so I wasn’t keen on making a whole cheesecake and having to eat our way through it for the rest of the week.
And so cheesecake cupcakes were born.
Small individual cheesecakes in the style of cupcakes for post Sunday dinner dessert.
Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes (makes 6)
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 100g soft cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g double cream
- Set our your cupcake cases and put one Oreo into each case,
- Mix the mascarpone, cream cheese and 1 tsp of vanilla together,
- Crush 4 Oreo cookies and add these into the cheese mixture,
- Add the cheese mixture to the cupcake cases,
- Crush 2-3 Oreos and sprinkle these over the top of the cheesecakes,
- Whip the double cream and 1tsp of vanilla and pipe onto your cheesecakes,
- Top with a halved Oreo cookie and enjoy
Voila, quick, simple, no bake, cheesecake cupcakes.