Inspired by Valerie over at Its A Wonderful Life I have decided to host a Secret Christmas Ornament Swap.
Valerie's swap is based in America. For those not wanting to miss out on the fun I am hosting a UK version.
I love Christmas, in particular going to choose my tree and decorate it, I already know which weekend I am dedicating to this event. I have a mis-match of various decorations for the tree and love to buy
So, what better way to enjoy the festive spirit than a Christmas Ornament Swap. Not only a swap but a secret swap!! Do you want to join in on the fun? Great!!
Valerie's intentions were for this to be tons of fun and also to make a few new friends. Here are the rules:
1. Grab the button on the right and put it on your blog.
2. You have to spend at least £5 before postage. You can spend more if you want, but the least you can spend is £5. It can be just one ornament or several if that’s what you want to do. It is your prerogative if you want to spend more but please don't be upset if your partner doesn't.
3. It is a ‘secret’ swap so no reveal until you send your ornament. Please include your blog address and a card. To make it more fun don’t forget to gift wrap the ornament.
4. Once you get your swap partners name and his/her blog address give her a visit and get to know him/her a little.
5. Deadline to mail your ornament is Saturday the 19th December 2009 (If you leave it this late please use first class post). On the outside of the package if you don't want to reveal your name until your partner opens his/her card, then just write Secret Ornament Swap with your mailing address.
6. Please do not sign up if you are not going to participate. It is not fair for someone to be left out if you have decided you don’t want to participate. Please contact me if you have a problem and have to withdraw. Please do this before the deadline (19th December).
7. Once you have your ornament blog about it!! I will have a link up so we can all visit each other and see the great ornaments we got!
So that’s it!! This swap is open to anyone! Deadline for participating in the swap is 28th November 2009. I will get your partner info to you by the 5th December 2009 leaving 2 weeks for looking at their blog, shopping and posting!
How do you join? Send me an email at email@example.com or you can click my email button on the sidebar. I will need the following information in your email.
Your name and address
Your blog name and address
Favourite colour/Or colour you decorate in
Do you have a holiday theme? Or collect anything? (i.e. snowmen, Santa’s etc.)
Anything you don’t want/don’t like. (i.e. no glass ornaments, no Santa’s, etc.)
Let’s have some fun with this!! Don’t forget to blog about it and tell your friends – the more the merrier!!
I would also like to say a huge thanks to Liz over at Violet Posy for all of her help with the badge and HTML Code.