She has now be subjected to the random and tactless comments that all pregnant women seem to face.
Bump comments (aka Bumpents)
Friend, acquaintance or total stranger, all feel it their place to pass judgement and comment.
What these people do not seem to understand is that one passing comment to a hormonal pregnant women will usually result in hormone overdrive and the rest of the day will be spent wondering if her bump is “the right size”.
Here is a brief guide to what you should probably not say to a pregnant women. Unless you are very close to the lady in question she will probably find your comments insulting or will spend the rest of the day stressing over the size of her bump and the amount of weight she has put on.
"Bumpents" to be said at your own peril;
- wow your huge
- look at the size of your bump
- where did that come from
- you don’t look pregnant from the back (do these people know where your womb is?)
- Ooh its growing (isn’t that what it is supposed to do?
- comments relating to “tiny” bumps are also likely to have similar effects.
And for those of you who are pregnant, here are some possibly inappropriate but satisfying responses;
- wow your huge = at least I will have a baby in X months
- look at the size of your bump = I could say the same about you arse
- where did that come from = well unlike you it wasn’t cake
- you don’t look pregnant from the back = seems we both do from the front though
- ooh its growing = when is yours due?